Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Number 1

Welcome to my first blog! !



I'm new to the whole "blog" thing, so bear with me. I finally have something half-way interesting to write about, so I figured there is no time like the present. I believe that the people who read this (as few as there may be) are involved enough to know the importance of the following date: Feb 5, 2008.


For anyone who does not know, it is the date of the Illinois primary election. The people who know me, also know that my views are strong. I do not feel that I should get into that right now, but if you are curious just ask. I am not trying to get you do think any specific way. The point of this blog is to encourage you to vote. I firmly believe that every vote counts. I also feel that if you choose not to vote, that in the future you do not have the right to complain about the decisions that president makes (or doesn't make).



On March 22, 2007 poll shows what people think they are:

33% Democrats


28% Independents


25% Republicans


Where do you fit in? Your political ideology plays a major role in you choice. This short quiz uses basic political beliefs to match you with your ideology (liberal, conservative, communitarian, libertarian). In my case, I was very surprised by the answer. I thought of myself as something other than what they quiz said. That doesn't mean I switched. It just means I feel more strongly about some issues. You don't have to put your e-mail address in, just click next. Take it! It is interesting. http://www.idealog.org/ideaflash.cfm


Thanks for reading my first ever blog. Sorry if politics aren't your thing. I promise to write about something different next time. Just remember Feb 5 is only a few weeks away! Don't forget! Ashley

3 comments:

Jake T said...

As it turns out, I'm squarely liberal.

Where'd you end up?

Ashley said...

I believe that I am a Liberal, but the quiz said that I am a communitarian. It doesn't matter much to me. I know where I stand. Thanks for you comment!

WICK said...

I ended up in the middle of equality/liberal, but just barely crossing over into the communitarian side. (order:5 equality:8)

But that doesn't tell me who I should vote for. Shucks.