Saturday, November 29, 2008

Barbara Jean


This is a pictureof my aunt and i about four years ago before she got sick. This was just the kind of person she was....always smiling and laughing. . . and she brought those silly Christmas headbands just for her and I because she knew I would wear one with her.

Its hard to say goodbye to someone who was always so full of life, but yesterday she passed away. As some of you know, she really fought through her cancer. They told us she had less than a week left over 7 weeks ago!

I talked to her once during that sad and scary week and she assured me that she was going to be okay. She was scared, but that she believed in God and had done all she could to make things right. She also said that she didn't want me to be sad because she was going to watch over me every day and she knew that Kyle and I had a wonderful future ahead of us.

It was so sad and heartbreaking to hear it then, but now it eases my mind a little. This struggle has been really difficult for my aunt and my family. Her services will be held in Decatur some time this week, so please keep us in your prayers as we make it through this difficult week.

No comments: