Saturday, November 8, 2008

Couponing for Christmas

With Christmas coming, a tightened budget is weighing heavily. I wish I could buy everyone the perfect gift, but I don't have $200 for the newest gadget. I have always felt like a great gift showed those even greater people in my life how much I love them. I guess I know it isn't true, but with the bustle of shoppers and gifts under the tree, sometimes I have to remind myself. It's the thought that counts anyways, right? Well, this Christmas I am going to be as frugal as I can while still getting gifts that are fun and usable. This is my first thrifty gift this Christmas, and you guessed it . . I even used coupons!

Pack of 36 Hair Ties : 4
$2.19 each @ Target (Even cheaper than Wal-Mart's $2.28!)
-$2.00 Goody Ouchless Coupon
$0.19 each

Pack of 8 Headbands : 3
$2.19 each @ Target
-$2.00 Goody Ouchless coupon
$0.19 each

Blue Basket : 1
$1.00 @ Dollar Tree

Gel Handel Hair Brush : 1
$1.00 @ Dollar Tree

TOTAL COST : $3.33 (plus tax)



I may add some other little things (hair spray or other product) if the price is right! It is only a start considering I buy for 14 people not including friends! So, if you have any other gift ideas . . . let me know!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I like when you save money...

Sarah Anne said...

Good job, Ashley! I need to start printing some of those Goody coupons. Do you have the link saved? If you do, can you e-mail it to me?

Thanks!